15 minutes to prepare | 10 minutes to cook | Makes two waffles
This recipe is super easy and tastes so good. These spiralized “waffles” are as clean eating as it gets! There is no flour or sugar in this recipe so it’s completely gluten-free and super good for you! This is sure to be a family favorite in your home!
What you need:
- 1 medium sweet potato peeled and spiralized into sweet potato “noodles”
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- Coconut oil cooking spray
- 1 medium egg
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- Maple syrup
- Semi sweet chocolate chips
- Crushed pecans
- Preheat waffle iron. Toss sweet potato noodles with the cinnamon. Coat a large skillet with coconut cooking spray, add the seasoned sweet potato noodles. cover and cook from 5 to 7 minutes over medium heat until the noodles have softened.
- Combine egg, vanilla, and blueberries in a large bowl. Add sweet potato noodles and toss gently until coated, taking care not to break the noodles.
- Coat the waffle iron with coconut cooking spray and carefully add ½ the noodle mixture and cook following your manufactures instructions when “waffle” is done transfer to a plate and keep warm you make your second waffle.
- Top to your waffle with your choice of toppings!
My kids added a small pad of butter, drizzled honey, warmed maple syrup and a small dollop of fresh whipped cream.